We are a REALTOR® Association committed to professionalism, sound ethical practices, and community involvement among our members, while promoting and protecting property ownership
Recognized for enhancing the quality of life in our community
i. Community Outreach
Public Relations, Community Projects, Advocacy and Education
ii. Governance Administration & Finance
Structure, Operations & Administration
iii. Legislative Advocacy
Private Property Rights, Monitor Public Policy at National, State, and Local Levels to Protect Real Estate Industry
iv. Member Services
Communicate and Promote Role of Association: Protecting Property Rights and Property Ownership, Benefits, Affiliations
v. Professional Development
Catalyst for enhancing growth, development and professionalism, integrity and accountability
I. COMMUNITY OUTREACH
GUIDING PURPOSE: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® strives to make a difference in our community through the contribution of time and resources of our members to non-profit, civic and community based organizations.
- Identify, promote, and coordinate impactful opportunities for members to engage in community service projects and events.
- Identify the needs of selected organizations in our community.
- Focus on providing volunteer time and money to those organizations.
- Communicate achievements (accomplishments, triumphs) to the membership and the community.
II. GOVERNANCE, ADMINISTRATION, & FINANCE
GUIDING PURPOSE:: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® is accountable for the absolute adherence to our fiduciary duties.
- Maintain and assure fidelity to governing documents in accordance with corporate law.
- Maintain and assure responsible management of the associations assets.
- Retain knowledgeable and skilled staff to assure effective delivery of services to the members.
III. GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS/LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY
GUIDING PURPOSE: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® engages our members and the community through education, promotion, and protection of housing opportunities and private property rights.
- Promote the benefits of home and private property ownership opportunities.
- Educate our members on legislation and public policy that influences real estate.
- Encourage our members to participate in the political process.
- Analyze and influence proposed legislation and regulations impacting our local community and/or private property rights.
- Leverage financial and subject matter expert resources available to our community and association through GAR and NAR.
IV. MEMBER SERVICES
GUIDING PURPOSE: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® promotes and provides resources, programs, and services to meet the evolving needs of our members.
- Identify, promote the value, and effectively communicate the positive aspects of participation within the association.
- Deliver essential and valuable programs, resources, and services to members.
- Provide cutting edge technology and state of the art resources to serve the needs of our members.
V. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
GUIDING PURPOSE: The Golden Isles Association of REALTORS®challenges members to enhance their knowledge, professionalism, and integrity, all while inspiring and nurturing future leadership.
- Identify, encourage, and mentor future leadership.
- Identify Brokers who are not actively participating and communicate the value of the association by means of personal visits by President and CEO.
- Create a Leadership Development Program.
- Provide current, diverse, and quality education opportunities.
- Champion the doctrine of the NAR Code of Ethics and the expectation of model ethical conduct.
Go Local Directory
Customer Relationship Manager | SentriLock
My experience with GIAR has been nothing short of amazing! Everyone there is always professional, pleasant, and eager to assist. Their team is incredibly forward thinking which is essential in this industry. I can say with confidence that GIAR really cares about their members and goes above and beyond to provide them with the necessary tools and information to be successful! SentriLock is proud to have GIAR as a partner.
BGICOC Chairman | Appraiser at Collins & Associates
I chose to become a REALTOR® even though I have never held a sales license because I wanted to support our local Association in the best way possible. GIAR continues to be proactive in insuring that we have the best real estate market possible by supporting legislative issues, strong ethics, and the most up to date technologies. We are lucky to have a strong staff and membership.
CEO and President | United Way of Coastal Georgia, Inc.
The GIAR Training Center is a valuable resource for our community. When United Way of Coastal Georgia was seeking a meeting space, we had a long list of needs: adequate space for a large Board, access to current meeting technology, centralized and accessible location, and professional staff to assist. GIAR met all our needs and the staff exceeded our expectations. We value our partnership with GIAR!
GA State Senator | Affiliate at The Ligon Firm, P.C.
As an Affiliate member, I and the members of The Ligon Firm, P.C. are proud to be part of the Golden Isles Association of REALTORS® and to benefit from its excellent programs and resources. We especially value the welcoming and cooperative attitudes of the members and their enthusiasm for what they do.