Dear Association Members and Affiliate Members,
Can you believe this year is already half over? What a crazy, busy, amazing, productive year we are experiencing. Not only are we having a great sales market, but we are coming together as an Association in a big way. More and more participation in committees and more programs and benefits are being added for our members. I cannot thank each and everyone of you enough for making 2019 successful.
Some of the things we are doing and have accomplished are:
The MLS Board of Directors approved adding ShowingTime to Matrix to help streamline our showing processes. Check mygiar.com to sign up for upcoming webinars offering tips and tricks using ShowingTime. The GIMLS OpenLabs have been well attended, and so much is getting taught to our members by our very own expert, Bradley. We have upgraded to Matrix 360 and I hope you are loving the new features and benefits.
The May 30th Reverse Raffle held at Brunswick Shrine Club was a tremendous success. Not only did we raise the most money from a fund-raiser in many, many years ($9,715.00 NET) but we had fun and gave out some great prizes including $10,000 which was won by Molly Portis. Molly donated back $1,000 to our fund-raising efforts. Plans have already begun for next year and the raffle will be held on May 7, 2020. If you did not buy a ticket this year and want to get on a waiting list for available tickets for 2020, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you bought a ticket this year, we will be sending out letters in February making sure you want to rebuy your tickets. Monies raised by the GIAR Community Relations Committee through this fundraising event are collected to sponsor the annual Shop with a REALTOR® and the Christmas in a Basket. This year celebrates the 10th year of Shop with a REALTOR®.
Your Governmental Affairs/RPAC Committee hosted a Major Investor night on June 6th at the beautiful home of Bradley Randall and his wife Kelly Hnatt. The event was a huge success! Currently we have pledged or paid 31 Sterling R members, 3 NEW President’s Circle members and 1 NEW Crystal R member. Our Goal from GAR is $14,475 and so far to date we have collected or have pledged $30,121 with half of the year left to go. THANK YOU ALL!!
June 10th the Member Services Committee held its New Member Orientation and 25 members attended to learn about our Association and its benefits and committees. New members signed up to participate in committees. Thank you Adriene for all you do to make this possible!!
A few events scheduled for the upcoming months that we hope you can attend!!
- June 27th – Strike Zone night for GIAR. Come out 5pm to 8pm for fun and fellowship! There will be bowling, arcade games, pool tables and virtual reality games to enjoy. All members and their families are invited to participate.
- August 15th – Jones Hooks will provide information about property rights and development on Jekyll Island. The event will be held at the Museum and will be $5 per person. More information to come!
- September TBA – Port Authority tour will be scheduled.
- October/November TBA – YPN takeover of First Friday Downtown Brunswick
- June 14th – Membership Luncheon at Brunswick Country Club. SIGN UP TODAY! Brad Mock from GAR will attend and discuss issues and concerns and RPAC. We will also be inducting our new members into our Association.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS Committee
- June 11th – Presented Amanda Hope with Foster Hope donations of essential items collected for their organization. Foster Hope is a local program that provides Foster families with essential items needed by children suddenly entering into a foster program and also provides support, respite and date nights for the parents. To find out more on Foster Hope, to donate or to see needs of their organization, visit www.fosterhopeglynn.org.
- June 27th – Support YPN’s Bowling night and relax with other members to celebrate a successful first half of 2019.
- July 12th – Water Day at Morningside 1pm to 4 pm. We will provide food, a water slide, popcorn, snow cones, drinks and fruit for the children at Morningside. Come out and help us cook, play games and have fun.
- August TBA – GIAR blood drive.
- August 17th – 10th Annual Shop with a REALTOR® at Brunswick Walmart. Come out and shop with the children for much needed school clothes. We will need shoppers for two shifts. Sign up now for either the 9 am shift or the 11 am shift. More information to come. Contributions in increments of $25 may still be donated if you were unable to participate in the Reverse Raffle event. Contact Adriene Lavarias at the association office if you would like to donate at 912-264-2915 or email@example.com.
Sign up for classes at www.myGIAR.com
We are sure keeping busy! Thank you all again for such an amazing year! I encourage each of you to be active and sign up for a committee if you have not. I look forward to seeing you very soon!!
Robert Kozlowski, 2019 GIAR President